Caramel launched in 1999 as a more creative approach to childrenswear. Fresh silhouettes, confident prints and distinctive colourways are designed to create the Caramel look, creating a unique balance between the classic and the contemporary. At Caramel we design, source and manufacture our own baby, child and womenswear ready to wear and home collections as well as a carefully considered mix of toys, books and accessories which are sold in our boutiques in London, Japan, New York and on our UK website as well as wholesale distribution to over 100 stockists around the world.
Marketing & PR Assistant
We are currently looking for a full-time or part-time Marketing & PR Assistant to join our busy West London office.
The Marketing & PR Assistant supports Head of Marketing in the execution of the PR, marketing and content calendar.
This role supports on brand activities across all channels, including retail, e-commerce, wholesale and franchise and ensures that all Marketing and PR opportunities are maximised in order to enhance brand exposure across all product categories.
- Assist with all marketing and brand activities for each season across retail, e-commerce, wholesale and PR.
- Assist with the organisation and orchestration of look book shoots for all product categories, including organising samples, log sheets and help with ad hoc duties.
- Actively research brand collaborations that help raise brand awareness in the relevant market, and assist with any collaborations with external parties.
- Assist Head of Marketing with the organisation of workshops and in store events both in the UK and internationally.
- Support the wholesale team with marketing and PR related opportunities.
- Compile a weekly competitor round-up and circulate this to the business.
- Provide assistance at marketing events.
- Handle press requests for information, images and marketing material across all product categories.
- Ensure that key press and influencers are sent relevant look books and press releases throughout the season and that Caramel is kept front of mind with them.
- Support franchise partners and international stores with all local marketing/ PR related queries.
- Organise sample collection and image database each season.
- Send out all press requests and ensure that samples are returned in a timely manner and in optimum condition, managing the sample log sheet.
- Monitor and record all printed and online press coverage in the seasonal press folder. Ensure that this is updated and sent to Head of Marketing on monthly basis.
- Put together a soft and hard copy of the press folder for each season.
- Keep press database up to date, importing data and updating contacts.
- Assist with gifting, celebrity and VIP requests.
- Organise and support at press days and events.
- Keep the press office organised at all times.
- Assist with social media content creation, planning and uploading.
- Monitor customer feedback on social media and reply in a timely manner.
- Manage and deliver social media reporting.
- Manage the archive library, ensuring that samples are archived every season and that the collection is kept tidy and made available to the design team as required.
- Organise magazine and newspaper subscriptions and ensure that daily press cuttings are sent to Head of Marketing & Brand Operations and PR Consultant.
- Oversee the magazine library.
- General support with office admin and ad hoc duties as required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2-3 years’ experience as a Marketing/PR assistant, ideally in the luxury sector.
- Dynamic and creative, with excellent organisational and time management skills in order to prioritize work, efficiently and accurately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Punctual, committed and responsible.
- Well-presented and confident, enthusiastic manner.
- Excellent skills MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outloo, and ideally proficient in InDesign and Photoshop.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Retail Sales Advisor
We are looking for ambitious and dedicated individuals to join our retail team in our London boutiques and concessions in Harrods and Selfridges.
- To excel in all aspects of selling and inspire colleagues and customers by being a role model within the business
- To provide exceptional customer service at all times and maintain a high level of approach and conversation at all times.
- To consistently overachieve in sales, striving to increase on personal and store targets
- To actively seek opportunities to sell and increase sales
- To provide information for the weekly trade report to maximise business potential
- To monitor sales performance to highlight best and worst sellers
- To communicate all out of stock issues
- To ensure all customers are encouraged to join our mailing list.
- To ensure that the shop floor is fully operational for daily service
- Keep up to date with all product knowledge.
- To drive and deliver customer service standard to achieve an outstanding luxury service and quality experience
- To ensure all customers are dealt with professionally and in line with company standards and procedures
- To develop customer relationships and maintain an active customer base
- To adhere to the highest dress and grooming standards required by company policy
- To take ownership of store standards and maintain these to the highest level
- To ensure that stock is replenished regularly to maximise sales opportunities
- To undertake daily activities including cleaning etc.
- To check all deliveries are correct and report any discrepancies to your line Manager or Head Office.
- Service focused/Target driven
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Immaculate presentation
- Capable of understanding a luxury business
- Ability to deliver the company vision to highest of standards
- To be able to go the extra mile
Please send CV and cover letter to Sam@caramel-shop.co.uk
Internships at Caramel
Caramel offers an intern programme for dynamic and motivated individuals with an interest in fashion, particularly children's wear.
If you would like to apply to work with us please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to Lara at Lara@caramel-shop.co.uk
Please note that due to the high number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.