Caramel launched in 1999 as a more creative approach to childrenswear. Fresh silhouettes, confident prints and distinctive colourways are designed to create the caramel look, creating a unique balance between the classic and the contemporary. At Caramel baby and child we design, source and manufacture our own ready to wear and home collections as well as a carefully considered mix of toys, books and accessories which are sold in our boutiques in London, Japan, New York and on our UK website as well as wholesale distribution to over 100 stockists around the world.
We are currently recruiting a Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover) to join our team in the West London head office. We are looking for somebody extremely well-organized and efficient, with good common sense and initiative. The ideal candidate should have experience of working in similar fashion/e-commerce environment, demonstrate a solid understanding of the luxury fashion industry and the e-commerce landscape and have experience of managing a small team.
- Plan and manage the delivery of marketing and brand activities across all channels, including retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise
- Ensure there is a consistent brand message across all areas of customer facing activities.
- Create exciting and PR worthy events and workshops in UK, international stores and with franchise partners
- Plan and project manage the execution of marketing collateral for each season, across retail, ecommerce, wholesale and PR
- Organise seasonal lookbook and product photo shoots across categories. Liaise with photographers, stylists, studios, model agencies and all other parties involved, and manage the seasonal budget
- Actively research brand collaborations that help raise brand awareness in the relevant market, and project manage any collaborations with external parties
- Work closely with Planning and Finance to ensure the business financial targets are met
- Support the development and implementation of the PR strategy together with the in-house PR consultant
- Develop and maintain relationships with external media, press and influencers to support brand exposure and the growth of the business.
- Oversee the PR calendar and be a key point of contact with press and influencers.
- Maximise product placement in online and offline media and throughout the seasons across all product categories
- Manage seasonal gifting strategy for press and influencers
- Oversee and distribute press releases
- Manage key press days and events, and support press coverage of events, brand initiatives and product launches
Social Media & Journal
- Work with Graphic Designer on inspirational and on brand content for the social media channels, with the aim to raise brand awareness and to drive traffic to the website and to stores
- Initiate and project manage social media collaborations with influencers and contributors
- Manage the eCommerce team
- Set weekly agenda for Web, including breakdown of priorities, new launches, online messages and themes of newsletters
- Create email marketing plan for the season for all product categories
- Work with web team on ways of improving the existing website through competitive analysis, product category enhancements and marketing techniques
- Work with the web team and in-house graphic designer to develop, maintain and execute the e-communication strategy and schedule from start to finish, including concept, design, creative execution, distribution, and post campaign analytics for all digital marketing communication
- Ensure the website is on brand at all times
- Ensure the customer experience is consistent across all stores and communicates the brand values at all times
- Support stores with marketing collateral
- Organise promotional activities and work with store managers on local commercial opportunities
- Build relationships with Department stores and maximise brand exposure and awareness within that specific retail context
- Organise and project manage pop ups
- Support franchise partners with all marketing/PR related queries.
- Ensure franchise partners are aware of brand guidelines and follow these accordingly
- Work with franchise partners on creating brand awareness, events and opportunities in their local market, with the purpose to raise brand awareness and drive traffic
- Assist during trade shows and at wholesale appointments in the London showroom
- Support the wholesale sales manager and wholesale customers with marketing material
- Support wholesale customers with marketing/PR related opportunities
Key Skill & Experience
- Previous experience working in a similar role in luxury fashion
- Impeccable communication skills for both internal and external liaison
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and across departments
- Ability to think globally and creatively
- Great written skills and attention to detail
- Hardworking and flexible, with a hunger to learn and achieve
- Good knowledge of both the UK and international media and fashion bloggers, and a good base of key contacts
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a driven and talented store manager to manage the Tokyo flagship store, and to drive store performance and build brand awareness within the Japanese marketplace. The ideal candidate will also be able to seek out opportunities to introduce the brand to new clients and markets in order to increase the selling power of the brand across Japan.
- To drive and deliver the best customer service standards and luxury store experience whilst ensuring all customers are dealt with professionally and in line with company standards and procedures.
- Develop customer relationships and maintain an active customer base and client list and seek out opportunities to drive a concierge service where clients can shop from home or out of town.
- Deliver the appropriate training to all part time staff to achieve an outstanding luxury and quality experience.
- Deliver and exceed sales targets.
- Full P&L accountability.
- Analyse and monitor sales performance and provide a weekly trade report to maximise business potential.
- Monitor sales performance to highlight best and worst sellers and any missed opportunities.
- Manage all stock movement activity and report monthly sell through percentage of key categories.
- Liaise with HO and other store Managers to ensure all out of stock issues are communicated and managed.
- Analyse competitor activity and report findings accordingly.
- Set targets for sales, unit throughput and data base and drive the team to exceed these goals.
- Deliver all stores VM standards to the highest level.
- Ensure all markdown activity is managed effectively to ensure sales are delivered at the highest margins.
- Seek out business opportunities to clear old season stock after sales period and any other business opportunities and partnerships to deliver sales or improve brand awareness for example; trunk shows and pop up stores.
- Develop and maintain key wholesale accounts.
- Target new accounts that are appropriate to the brand.
- Organise and manage accounts during the trade shows in order to deliver to the agreed sales/profit targets.
- To follow up all appointments/client communication throughout the selling season.
- Ensure all orders are communicated to Head Office.
- To provide excellent customer service to all accounts.
- Ensure that the wholesale business compliments the retail/E Comm. business.
- To have regular communication with all accounts in order to monitor their sales performance.
- Produce a monthly trade report in order to communicate to Head Office
- To understand the competitive environment in which the brand trades and make suggestion where appropriate.
- Plan and execute a strategy to grow the business profitably.
- Train and develop part time staff members to supply and deliver an outstanding luxury service and quality experience.
- Lead, manage and motivate the part time staff to strive for optimum performance
- Provide and communicate to the team clear and achievable targets
- Ensure the highest level of communication is implemented to manage at all levels
- Build and develop excellent working relationships with all support functions at head office.
- Conduct regular review meetings with sales team
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Immaculate presentation
- Previous experience within a luxury retail environment
- Ability to deliver the company vision to highest of standards
- To be able to go the extra mile
- Commercial and dynamic
- Ability to influence and motivate
- Target driven
- Problem solver
- Planning, organisational and time management skills
To apply for this role, send your CV and a short covering letter introducing yourself to email@example.com
- To provide exceptional customer service at all times and maintain a high level of approach and conversation at all times.
- Keep up to date with all product knowledge.
- To develop customer relationships and maintain an active customer base
- To take ownership of store standards and maintain these to the highest level
- Team player.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Capable of understanding a luxury business.
- Ability to deliver the company vision to highest of standards.
- Immaculate presentation.
Please send CV and cover letter to Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Caramel is offers a intern programme for dynamic and motivated individuals with an interest in fashion, particularly children's wear.
If you would like to apply to work with us please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to Lara at email@example.com
Please note that due to the high number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.