Caramel Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to) sets out how we use and protect and information that you give to us when you use our website, and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Your personal data
We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
1.1 Our full name: Caramel Limited (company number 03683027)
1.2 Our contact details:
Address: 250a Kings Road, London, SW3 5UE
Telephone number: +44 (0) 207 352 8857
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
2.1 keeping internal records;
2.2 improving our products and services;
2.3 sending promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided;
2.4 market research purposes;
2.5 customising the website according to your interests;
2.6 fulfilling any orders you make;
2.7 notifying you about important functionality changes; and
2.8 statistical or survey purposes to improve our website and our services to you.
The legal bases for processing your personal data are that:
3.1 processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
3.2 processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
3.3 processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
The legitimate interests referred to at paragraph 3.3 above are:
4.1 processing for direct marketing purposes;
4.2 processing for the purposes of preventing fraud; and
4.3 processing for the purposes of ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to electronic communications networks and malicious code distribution and stopping 'denial of service' attacks and damage to computer and electronic communication systems.
The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are:
5.1 business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
5.2 third parties which provide certain services to us including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, e-mail distribution, market research, marketing and advertising services (including advertising on third party websites, social media networks and profiling) and promotions management;
5.3 the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy any such business or assets;
5.4 the buyer in the event that Caramel Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by such buyer; and
5.5 other third parties in the event that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit reduction.
- The personal data will be stored for as long as you are a customer. If you are just visiting our website to the extent we collect any personal data such as your IP address, we will only keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this notice.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In certain circumstances we may need to disclose information about you if you breach this Privacy Notice or if you breach the terms and conditions. We may also disclose or access your account if required to do so by law or by any Governmental body.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability.
- If we are relying on your consent to process data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data.
- Your provision of personal data to us is contractual requirement. If you do not supply your personal data to us, we would be unable to provide you with information, products and services that you requested from us.
- Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time and such changes will take effect from the date and time the revised Privacy Notice is available on our website. Please regularly visit the Privacy Notice so that you are aware of any modifications or updates.
- If you have any queries about the Privacy Notice or wish to change your preferences in how we contact you about products and services, please contact us on the contact details at paragraph 1.2 above.
- What are cookies?
15.1 A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
16.1 We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
16.2 Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
16.3 Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
** In addition to the cookies highlighted above, our website also uses Google Analytics, which allows us to monitor how users use our website. Google Analytics uses the following cookies:
|Cookie name||Cookie Description|
|__utma||This cookie is typically written to your browser upon your first visit to the Caramel website from your particular browser. Using an alternative browser would require a further unique cookie to be written and stored within that browser. We use this cookie to help determine the total number of unique visitors to the Caramel website.|
|__utmb||This cookie is used to identify the start of a user session and subsequently which pages are viewed. Each time you visit a new page, this cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes to ensure your session does not expire prematurely. We use this data to help us identify and ensure the content we provide to you is engaging and relevant. The data is also used to help analyse the overall performance of our website and helps provide insights into how we can improve it.|
|__utmc||The __utmc cookie is used to register when a visit has ended when the browser is closed. This cookie operates in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new session.|
|__utmz||This cookie stores the method / location of how you reached the Caramel website. This could be via a direct method, referring link, search engine search, or a campaign such as a banner advert or email link.|
|utm_source (param 1)||This cookie stores the source of how you reached the Caramel website. This cookie helps us track and analyse the performance of our marketing by telling us where you came from.|
|utm_medium (param 2)||This cookie stores the medium through which you reached the Caramel website. For example this could be a banner advert, an HTML email or a link on a third-party website.|
|utm_campaign (param 3)||This cookie stores the campaign name through which you reached the Caramel website and helps us track and analyse the performance and relevance of our marketing by telling us where you came from and then what content you viewed on our site.|