Toys, Books & Notes
For the best gift ideas, look no further than our toys, books and notes section which offers the most considered assortment of under the radar books, soft animals, magic tricks, and toys that will take you back to your childhood. Read more
Gift in style with stationery that is as original as it is quirky and design focused.
A modern success story, Caramel was created by Eva Karayiannis, a former lawyer in 1999, a designer with a strong vision and immense passion. The label was originally conceived to challenge traditional, limited perceptions of childrenswear. Says Eva Karayiannis, “ It seemed to me children either had to wear mass-produced clothes, or expensive glitzy items which were often impractical or anachronistic or both—none of which is what childhood is really about.
Caramel believes in understated luxury, employing only the finest quality materials and an enormous attention to detail.
Each season Eva Karayiannis produces a collection of modern classics, creating an easily identifiable brand aesthetic from a combination of heritage fabrics and finely honed silhouettes.
Says Eva Karayiannis: “The company is as old as the century, and coming into its teenage years. We’re growing up. I’ve stopped wondering whether anyone would share my taste, because people have proved that they do. But it is still a very personal company—it's me and people I know.
Asides from its own stores, Caramel is a brand which is also sold through 100 independent retailers. The burgeoning label now also includes a recently launched and well received womenswear range and a homewares collection. Read less
- $8.99Each and every card is individually letterpress-printed by hand on an old Heidelberg press in one of England's finest print workshops. Made on beautiful heavy cream card stock with a hand torn edge from one of Italy's oldest paper mills, with matching cream envelope. Paper and envelopes are FSC certified and produced according to highest environmental & ethical standards. Learn More
- $16.00It’s Phil and Dale’s favourite time of the week - the WASH! The two socks impress each other with their acrobatics; flipping, spinning and shrieking, much to the disapproval of the other clothes in the washing machine. But why should they care? They’ve got each other and that’s all that matters... right?When Phil goes missing, Dale is left contemplating life in solitude. After a brief encounter with a red shirt, he finds himself alone in the washing machine, lost and pink. When he is finally reunited with his buddy, Phil fails to recognise him and the socks must decide what being a pair means if one of you has changed....Written in comic book form, with gorgeous crayon illustrations, this a tale of friendship and identity that will delight children and adults alike.Illustrated by Eleonora Marton. Learn More
- $15.00Choose your mode of transport and set off on an adventure that will take you all the way across space! Can you navigate huge roundabouts with sleeping aliens, or cross planets guarded by scary space creatures? Negotiate pesky road obstructions by solving the maths problems correctly, pick up hidden objects, collect bonus points, and use your mapping skills to zoom backwards and forwards through the book. This brilliant mapping series provides a fun first look at co-ordinates and how to navigate your way around a map. Maths activities combined with an exciting mission and colourful fantasy settings make an entertaining and educational space adventure for young mathematicians Learn More
- $29.00Take a tour of the United Kingdom as you’ve never seen it before in this fully illustrated set of county maps. Travel through England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales and meet the incredible people born there, learn about its proud history, and discover ancient castles, modern feats of engineering and natural highlights while you revel in the nation’s curiosities, from the spectacular, to the quirky, to the downright strange! A fabulous introduction to Shakespeare’s Sceptre Isle, for readers young and old. Learn More
- $15.00The Gnomes need your help! Explore their underground world and help them rescue their gold from a fire-breathing dragon. Navigate through the dinosaur pit and watch out for the giant anteater, solving maths problems and collecting objects along the way. This bright and busy mapping book provides a fun first look at co-ordinates and map skills. Maths activities are combined with an exciting mission, making for an entertaining and educational adventure. Learn More
- $21.00A child grows and discovers the world. As he lies awake at night, he sees there’s enough room in the sky for all the stars and the moon. When he visits the ocean, he sees there is enough room for all the fish, even for the whales. As he grows up, he doesn’t understand why people fight for space. Surely, if we are kinder to one another, there will always be room for everyone? Learn More