Caramel Loves: Things to do this Autumn
1) One of our favourite things to do on a rainy weekend – or indeed any weekend- is head to Granary Square in King’s Cross to see what is on at the wonderful House of Illustration Gallery. We’re looking forward to seeing The BFG in Pictures, an exhibition of never-before seen Quentin Blake illustrations for Roald Dahl’s celebrated opus. Get there before it ends on the 2nd October.
2) Planning a half term break? Why not head to Berlin, a vibrant, energetic city which will appeal enormously to both adults and children alike. Aside from visiting the Wall and devouring the delicious schnitzel at Borchardt, we are big fans of Berlin’s zoo in Tiergarten. Unlike other zoos there are no high walls and you get to see the elephants, rhinos and tigers up close.
3) Tasty treats: There isn’t much else to say about Maitre Choux eclairs made by three star Michelin chef Joakim Prat, other than they look heavenly and taste sublime. Try the Persian Pistachio or the Tahitian Vanilla.
4) As the days get shorter, we love nothing better than curling up with a great book. One of our favourites is the childhood classic, Alice In Wonderland, illustrated by the very talented Yayoi Kusama. You will lose yourself in this book in an instant, we guarantee!
5) Always wanted to fly? Well now you can with the opening of Flying fantastic in Borough where anyone can learn trapeze silks or have fun trying out Aerial hoops or silks.