London Fashion Week report by Violet
Nine year old fashion expert Violet visited LFW last weekend to check out next season’s key trends. Here is her report from front row…
1. When they asked this lady if I could have my picture taken with her, I didn’t realise it was Alexa Chung. I’ve seen her in magazines before. She’s pretty.
2. On Sunday we took the tube to the Topshop show – well, and a taxi because my mum went to the wrong Tate. The fashion editors have cars to take them from show to show, because they have so many to see in a day. This is Iain, who drove the Evening Standard’s fashion team. They said he was the best driver in the world.
3. There was a lot of leather in the Topshop show, and plenty of coats. The models all had really long legs, and didn’t look as grumpy as they sometimes do.
4. On Saturday I saw the Emilia Wickstead show. I sat on the front row next to Karen, who is the fashion editor of the Evening Standard. She let me borrow her notebook to draw the clothes. I liked the denim dresses the most.
5. Jourdan Dunn was so tall!
6. This is me eating a lovely salad, which Topshop had provided for hungry fashion editors (and hungry children). It has mozzarella and tomatoes in it. My mum also put a slice of Victoria sponge in my bag for later.
Thank you Violet! x