Caramel launched in 1999 as a more creative approach to childrenswear. Fresh silhouettes, confident prints and distinctive colourways are designed to create the caramel look, creating a unique balance between the classic and the contemporary. At Caramel baby and child we design, source and manufacture our own ready to wear and home collections as well as a carefully considered mix of toys, books and accessories which are sold in our boutiques in London, Japan, New York and on our UK website as well as wholesale distribution to over 100 stockists around the world.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented and hardworking Web/Stock Assistant to join Caramel's Ecomm team. This is a varied role for someone who understands the Caramel aesthetic and has experience in stock management for eCommerce, as well as customer service.
The ideal candidate must have strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude with experience in a similar or a customer facing role.
- The Web/Stock Assistant is responsible for providing an excellent customer experience – from online purchases and issues with orders, to delivery, exchanges/returns and any customer service related queries.
- The Web/Stock Assistant works with the Warehouse and Planning to ensure stock available in the warehouse is available online at all times, and with the Web Manager in the day to day running of the website.·
- The Web/Stock Assistant ensures that Caramel delivers a smooth online customer experience, and that customer order issues are turned into commercial opportunities.
- To be confident in covering the web managers role if on leave.
Ecommerce Warehouse Support
- Spend 3-4 days/week in the warehouse organising web stock, web order processing and dealing with customer service issues.
- Ensuring all web orders are processed accurately and on time, and packed according to Caramel standards.
- Ensuring that all stock available in the warehouse is available online.
- Inform Marketing Manager and web manager of any outstanding images needed for product upload.
- Confident in web stock takes.
- Work closely with Buyer and create clear product and delivery overviews for Caramel and non-Caramel web stock.
- Work closely with Warehouse Manager on stock movements and organising physical web stock.
- Manage weekly stock replenishment and removing items that are out of stock where applicable.
- Liaise with stores as and when needed to fulfil customer orders.
Merchandising and Product Upload
- Work with Graphic Designer and Web Manager on merchandising and upload of products.
- Ensure all images are up to standard before going live.
- Assist with checking products that they have correct descriptions, categories and images.
- Enabling sold out products when more stock arrives and notifying the web manger daily of new stock.
- Intermediate level of Excel knowledge, pivot tables and codes.
- Basic photoshop knowledge for clear cutting images ready for upload.
- Ensure all customer communication is dealt with in a timely manner and that the communication is on brand.
- Find alternatives where possible for products that have sold out of, and communicate his to customers.
- Sending all customer orders with DHL or UPS and having knowledge of both.
- Process all customer returns, making sure products are getting put back onto the web.
- Maintaining the customer- brand relationship.
This is a full time position based at the Caramel Warehouse and Head Office in London.
To apply please send your CV along with a short covering email introducing yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary is based on level of experience.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted.
This is a varied role for someone who understands the Caramel aesthetic, has strong attention to detail and is interested in all areas of fashion and graphic design.
To apply please send your PDF portfolio and CV, along with a short covering email introducing yourself to email@example.com
- To provide exceptional customer service at all times and maintain a high level of approach and conversation at all times.
- Keep up to date with all product knowledge.
- To develop customer relationships and maintain an active customer base
- To take ownership of store standards and maintain these to the highest level
- Team player.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Capable of understanding a luxury business.
- Ability to deliver the company vision to highest of standards.
- Immaculate presentation.
Please send CV and cover letter to Marie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Caramel is offers a intern programme for dynamic and motivated individuals with an interest in fashion, particularly children's wear.
If you would like to apply to work with us please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to Eve at email@example.com
Please note that due to the high number of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.